Important Message

Hi there! I'm taking a break from blogging. I don't know when I'll be back but right now I just want to focus on school and on reading at my own pace. I will definitely be back, I just don't know when. Happy Reading!

Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: Addicted to You by Colina Brennan

Release Date: June 25, 2013.
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Age Group: 17+
*a copy was provided by the author in exchange of a fair and honest review.*


Addicted to You

Synopsis: (from Goodreads)

When twenty-one-year-old Leah Carter's latest one night stand burglarizes her apartment, her roommate forces her to attend therapy for sex addicts. Leah insists she isn't a sex addict; she just doesn't do relationships. After all, sooner or later, everyone lets you down.

At first, the group sessions are little more than an education on how to be promiscuous. Until she meets the newest addict—blue eyes, killer body, and a smile that tempts relapse.

Psychology student Will McLean is posing as a fellow addict while researching a case study on unusual addictions. But the more he learns about Leah, the more certain he is that his desire to break through her walls and unearth her secrets has nothing to do with his assignment.


As the uncertainties spike alongside the sexual tension, the only thing Leah knows for sure is that falling in love would be disastrous. Too bad love might be one addiction she can't kick.


My Review:

Ever since I came across the cover reveal for this book I was captivated by the story line. I knew I had to jump in a get a review copy of this book cause I couldn't wait to see what this book would bring! I kind of was expecting different things about this book in relation the plot but I still liked the story I was given.

Leah has been forced by her best friend to attend a sex addicts group for 20 weeks after a one night stand gone horribly wrong. I had a bit of a hard time connecting with Leah sometimes. I found her to be quiet and reserved sometimes and I feel like I didn't get to know her fully. I think I could have gotten to know her better if the book would have been written in first POV. I know she had to come across this closed off person so in the end I was okay with the third person POV. Meanwhile we have Will. Beautiful, blue eyed, sweet, sexy oh and Scottish! Since he is a psychology student, he was sent undercover to research the sex addicts group that Leah was attending. You can imagine the drama that transpired in Leah and Will's relationship. I loved the connection and the sexual tension between those two. 

I loved how Leah's little brother, Elijah immediately connected with Will. It was like a sign that Leah and Will finally needed to get together and that Elijah approved. Elijah is a big part of Leah's life since their parents don't give a shit about him and Leah has basically raised him. How I hate and despise parents like that, it just breaks my heart! But anyway Elijah and Leah have a great relationship which I loved.

This book was a great combination of spicy and sweet! My favorite scene being the one in the theater ;) Really funny also! Those sex addicts reunions and Will's best friend, Finn where hilarious! I know there are a lot of New Adult contemporary romance lovers out there so trust me when I tell you that this book is a great addition to that category! 

Thanks to Colina for this ARC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting to interact with all of you! Getting comments always makes my day! I appreciate, love and respect every single one I get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...